El Niño, Downtown Los Angeles 1966 - age 3.

El Niño, Downtown Los Angeles 1966 - age 3.

Sunday, November 29, 2015

Cooking with Gas.....again.



The 1964 Rheem Monterey Wedgewood is fixed and back in production. It really only needed a much delayed service maintenance. In March of 1996 I bought this from a girl who was vacating the apartment I would soon be moving into and setting up shop in for the next 10 years. Her name I still remember was Janet Blazer and she was relocating to Disney Florida. I asked how much....she said $100, I said how about 90 ? She looked at me with a puzzled looked on her face and I am sure thought to herself "really, this moron is negotiating over 10 dollars over a stove that he doesn't have to move and is in turn key condition ?" She agreed to the 90 and I indeed felt like a moron. I have held on to it for almost 20 years and taken it with me to three places I've called home. I even had to wrestle it away from a girlfriend I briefly lived with who thought she had the right to keep it.  Dedicated to Janet Blazer....wherever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment